Loans for part-time students
Aide financière aux études also has a Loans Program for Part-Time Studies. This program only provides loans. The loan is usually for the tuition amount.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, refugee, or protected person under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be enroled as a part-time student (minimum 6 credits) in a recognized program at Université Laval and not be deemed a full-time student
Eligibility period and debt limit
Part-time students are eligible for loans for up to a maximum of 14 terms. To remain eligible, your total loans must be under the $8,000 debt limit.
Calculate your loan (estimate only).
How to apply
- Go to the Aide financière aux études website and log into Online Services.
- Select the Part-Time Forms tab and follow the instructions.
– You’ll need your institution and program codes
- Ask your parents or spouse to fill out their online declaration (Online Services).
- Wait for an email notification from Aide financière aux études telling you how much financial assistance you’ll be receiving.
- You will then receive another email confirming your Guarantee Certificate has arrived at our office. You can pick it up and present it to your financial institution to have your financial aid deposited in your account.
– If you want to receive your Guarantee Certificate by mail, please contact us by email (indicating your request, along with your permanent code and the address to which you would like to receive your document).
For more information about the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies, see the Aide financière aux études website.